What do I need a pool pump for?
That’s a great question!
To answer it, I have to mention that although a lot of people have this device, there are still a lot more that don’t. Also, some are new owners of a pool, while others simply want to replace theirs for one reason or the other. Thus, we explain the use of a pool pump to you.
So, to cut to the explanation—there are some people that need pool pumps. Especially, individuals that own a pool. Pool pumps are the backbone of swimming pools. Without them, you’re not swimming—Period.
So what’s the function of a pool pump? Why will it help you? A pool pump is basically a device that will suck all the water from your pool—pump it through a filter which then separates all the unwanted materials/impurities.
Then after all the debris has been cleared from the water through the use of the filter, it pumps it back into the pool.
Definitely, that was long. But alas, before you buy any merchandise, you need to understand what you’re buying, and to my own personal understanding, if you didn’t need it—you won’t still be here. Thus, now that we’ve established the use of a pool pump and you’ve also found a reason to buy it—you will not have to swim in so much debris, that you won’t even see in the water till you hit the pool wall.
So, for you! We have compiled a list of pool pumps (that can suck a ball through a straw), which therefore leaves you with just one little issue. Picking the right one for your swimming pool.
|WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump||$169.00 $161.53||Buy on Amazon|
|Hayward SP1591 PowerFlo Matrix 0.75 HP Above-Ground Swimming Pool Pump||$213.57 $213.56||Buy on Amazon|
|Hayward SP3210X15 1.5 HP Pool Pump, TriStar||$506.00 $505.50||Buy on Amazon|
|Hayward SP3015X20AZ Super II 2 HP Pool Pump||$506.50 $495.00||Buy on Amazon|
WAYNE WAPC250 Pool Pump
- Heats up fast so no long waits before enjoying your pool or spa
- Best-in-class energy efficiency
- Manual gas shut-off when service is required
- MasterTemp is certified for low NOx emission and outperforms industry standards
So, if you’re fully equipped to ignore this small disadvantage, then the WAYNE pool pump is the best in its price range.
Hayward SP1591 Pool Pump
- On/Off switch
- Industrial size strainer basket for large debris collection with minimal maintenance
- Horizontal/vertical discharge feature-simply converts from vertical to horizontal discharge orientation with the press of a button
- Energy-efficient, protected rear mounted switch
- Heavy-duty, high performance motor with integrated automatic thermal overload protector for years of operation
Overall, it’s a really great device for that kind of power and price.
Hayward SP3210X15 Pool Pump
- Genuine Hayward
- Quick and easy installation and servicing with 2 inch x 2.5 inch union connections providing optimum efficiency for medium to larger pools
- Get ready for the pool season with preventative maintained on your pool equipment
- Super-sized basket has extra leaf-holding capacity and extends time between cleanings, rigid style assures free flowing operation for heavy debris
- Smooth inside surface insures easy debris removal; tri-lock design makes strainer cover removal easy; no tools required, no loose parts, and no clamps
Hayward SP3015X20AZ Pool Pump
- Self-priming (suction lift up to 8 feet above water level)
- Easy thread design makes strainer cover easy to remove
- See through strainer cover lets you see when basket is full
- Heavy-duty, high performance motor with airflow ventilation for quieter, cooler operation
- Full-flow hydraulics allow greater flow at a lower cost of operation
If you can ignore these two complaints, then there is nothing stopping you from ordering this item—which is a great all-rounder for its price.
All of the product on this list were compiled to save time, stress and money on your behalf. So the only advice we can give to you is to use this simple list in your favor whenever you want to buy a pool pump.
Plus, if you can stomach the few disadvantages listed, then you should definitely consider buying one of the pool pumps on this list. Furthermore, they’re the best money can buy in their various price ranges. Thus, their prices and capabilities portray them as the perfect pool pumps any swimming pool owner can buy—whether as a replacement or as a first buy.